Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Glaucio Jannotti <gj...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 12:16:17 UTC

One JMeter Sampler Client returnin multiples results

I'm trying to develop a custom JMeter Samples Client using the
AbstractJavaSamplerClient.

When I am developing a simple test, that returns only one
SampleResult, it works fine.

But I need to develop a more complex text:
The test client will send a lot of JMS messages to a queue and will
receive the responses reading another queue.
One thread will send the messages and another thread will read the
response queue and return success or error result to JMeter, depending
of the message contents.

There´s any away do to this using the JMeter Samples classes ?
There is another class to extend to implement this scenario ?

Thanks a lot.

Re: One JMeter Sampler Client returnin multiples results

Posted by Glaucio Jannotti <gj...@gmail.com>.
The problem is that I need to simulate a great number of clients
sending and receiving messages.
To do this using the regular JMeter samples I will need to use 5000
threads (or 2 machines) and I don't want this.
I need to run the test using one single machine.

Because of this scenario I decided to use this aproach.
If I can send a lot of results to JMeter in a single Test, it will
works fine for me.

I liked your sugestion to use "Switch Controller", but I will not work
because I don't now when the response will be available, and I nedd to
read the response when I arrives, to calculte the time between the
request and the response.

Thanks for the help.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.