Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Ye Minkg <ye...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/22 06:47:42 UTC

How to use storm Trident for batching tuples?

I was using storm previously and I need to more batching capabilities so I
searched for batching in storm.
And I found out Trident which do micro-batching in real-time.

But somehow, I cannot figure out how Trident handle micro-batching (flow,
batch size, batch interval) to know it really has what I need.

What I would like to do is to collect/save tuples emitted by a spout in an
interval and reemit them to downstream component/bolt/function with another
interval of time.
(For example, spout emit one tuple per second, next trident function will
collect/save tuples and emit 50 tuples per minute to next function.)

Can somebody guide me how I can apply Trident in this case?
Or any other applicable way using storm features?