Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Piotr Bieniek <pb...@laser.pl> on 2003/05/26 12:31:06 UTC

Premature end of SOAP Response

Hi,

I'm having very strange problem. I wrote SOAP client using Apache SOAP which
works fine when run on my computer, but when I installed it on another
computer (another Internet Service Provider) I always get the following
error:

---
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Parsing error, response was:
The element type &quot;Path&quot; must be terminated by the matching end-tag
&quot;&lt;/Path&gt;&quot;.; targetException=org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
The element type "Path" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
"</Path>".]
---

The XML returned by the server is:

---

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<GetTreeResponse>
<return>
<Result xsi:type="xsd:int">0</Result>
<ErrMsg xsi:type="xsd:string"></ErrMsg>
<Rows>
<treeKey>146c48f18a8d0e87ed665fcd40536eeb</treeKey>
<Tree>
<Row>
<Cid>4677</Cid>
<Path>/Zakupy/Alkohole
---

So the error message seems to be understandable, BUT...

When I run the same program in the same time on my machine I get complete
XML response and it can be parsed correctly. I tried many times and on my
machine the program always works, but on the other computer it always
doesn't.

What's the problem. Could anybody help me?

Piotr Bieniek
pbieniek@laser.pl
LASER Systemy Informatyczne

Re: Premature end of SOAP Response

Posted by Piotr Bieniek <pb...@laser.pl>.
Hello,

> Do you have control over all code being run, e.g. Xerces?  Have you
> put identical versions on the ISP machine?

Well, I know the reason of my problems. It didn't work because there was too
old JVM installed. JRE 1.3 must have had problems with encondings and XML
output was prematurely ended where the first letter from ISO-8859-2 charset
occured in it. After upgrading to JRE 1.4.1 everything is fine.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

On 26 May 2003 at 12:31, Piotr Bieniek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having very strange problem. I wrote SOAP client using Apache SOAP which
> works fine when run on my computer, but when I installed it on another
> computer (another Internet Service Provider) I always get the following
> error:
>
> ---
> [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Parsing error, response was:
> The element type &quot;Path&quot; must be terminated by the matching end-tag
> &quot;&lt;/Path&gt;&quot;.; targetException=org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
> The element type "Path" must be terminated by the matching end-tag
> "</Path>".]
> ---
>
> The XML returned by the server is:
>
> ---
>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
> SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>
> <GetTreeResponse>
> <return>
> <Result xsi:type="xsd:int">0</Result>
> <ErrMsg xsi:type="xsd:string"></ErrMsg>
> <Rows>
> <treeKey>146c48f18a8d0e87ed665fcd40536eeb</treeKey>
> <Tree>
> <Row>
> <Cid>4677</Cid>
> <Path>/Zakupy/Alkohole
> ---
>
> So the error message seems to be understandable, BUT...
>
> When I run the same program in the same time on my machine I get complete
> XML response and it can be parsed correctly. I tried many times and on my
> machine the program always works, but on the other computer it always
> doesn't.
>
> What's the problem. Could anybody help me?
>
> Piotr Bieniek
> pbieniek@laser.pl
> LASER Systemy Informatyczne

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.