Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Kruntz <ca...@ottolina.net> on 2009/07/24 14:03:55 UTC

Re: Error : No message body writer found for response class : ArrayList. - A String is OK...

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:

> If you do not want to use Spring then you can register your provider with
> CxfNonSpringJaxrsServlet :

 Is there a way to register the provider programmatically, without Spring?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Error : No message body writer found for response class : ArrayList. - A String is OK...

Posted by Kruntz <ca...@ottolina.net>.

Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:

> sure, if you use JAXRSServerFactoryBean then it has a setter accepting a
> list of providers.

Thanks, Sergey.
This is what I did, and it works perfectly:

this.sfb = new JAXRSServerFactoryBean();
..
..
List providers = new ArrayList();
Object responseProvider = new ResponseProvider();
providers.add(responseProvider);
this.sfb.setProviders(providers);
..
..
this.sfb.create();

Cheers,
Carlo

Re: Error : No message body writer found for response class : ArrayList. - A String is OK...

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Hi

> Sergey Beryozkin-2 wrote:
>>
>> If you do not want to use Spring then you can register your provider with
>> CxfNonSpringJaxrsServlet :
>>
> Is there a way to register the provider programmatically, without Spring?

sure, if you use JAXRSServerFactoryBean then it has a setter accepting a list of providers.
if you use CxfNonSpringJaxrsServlet then you can use jaxrs.providers parameter to register a list of provider class names or you can
supply to it a JAXRS Application implementation if you prefer.

cheers, Sergey