Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Alex Rukletsov <al...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/03/06 19:01:56 UTC

Re: Compiling Slave on Windows

Hi Alexandre,

sorry for a tardy reply. Mesos master and slaves (or workers, as per
MESOS-1478) communicate via protobuf messages. Any agent that understands
these messages can be (or pretend) a Mesos slave. So the answer to your
question is "yes, it is possible to provide an alternative slave
implementation". The question is what such slave will do with tasks it will
get from the master after being successfully registered? But since for you
a simplified version suffices, you can start such slave with custom
resources, say "win-cpus:4;win-mem:1024". Since there will be no overlap in
resources between "standard" slaves and "custom" ones, you will have two
independent subclusters in your cluster, with your win tasks sent only to
the win subcluster. Does it make sense?

In reality, implementing (and maintaining) such a slave is a lot of work.
Anyway I would be happy to see and help out with this effort if you decide
to work on it.

Alex

Re: Compiling Slave on Windows

Posted by James DeFelice <ja...@gmail.com>.
Microsoft recently announced upcoming native container support in Windows.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/server-cloud/archive/2015/04/08/microsoft-announces-new-container-technologies-for-the-next-generation-cloud.aspx

--
James DeFelice
585.241.9488 (voice)