Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by de...@novartis.com on 2006/08/07 16:24:21 UTC

Cannot work with Axis2 - URGENT

Hi all
I am now really frustrated with Axis2. I have spend enormous amount of
time but cannot get my application going anywhere.
I am getting into a stage where I have to quit Axis2 to save my job and go
for some other option.
I am wondering is anyone actually using Axis2 for some real application or
is it only for writing hello world etc. Because I can do that too. If
anyone have anything more, please help.

Here is the scenario...

I have downloaded the nightly version for Axis2 of 7th August.

I have a java project in MyEclipse which is called PhoenixWebServices.
Just one project.
I have more than one packages inside it.

1. I have a package for business delegates, which contains delegate
classes that call dao classes in dao package.
This package also contains a folder called "xml" that contains, iBATIS
related xml files. These xmls are loaded by a static block.

2. I have a package for DAO classes. These implement dao operations.  I
use iBATIS for database operations.

3. I have a package for webservices. This has all META-INF/wsdl and
services.xml files. Also the WSDL2Java generated server and client codes.
Client code is modified to call the business delegate mentioned in point
1.

All are packaged in a .aar file and deployed to Axis2. I am attaching the
.aar file.

I have a webapp and a simple servlet. I have taken the WSDL file and
generated client code here and the servlet calls the service.
Simple. There is no rocket science here. But I have not been able to do
this. Am I doing anything strange. I should be able to do this.

Please advise. Else can anyone suggest an alternative for Axis2. I opened
my big mouth and praised about Axis2 to management and now I am screwed
up.

SEVERE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertTolong(Ljava/lang/String;)J
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertTolong(Ljava/lang/String;)J
        at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisOperation.java:287)
        at
com.debasish.remote.axis2.client.request.RequestWSStub.getRequestDetails(RequestWSStub.java:119)
        at com.debasish.remote.test.RemoteAxis2Servlet.doGet(RemoteAxis2Servlet.java:49)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
        at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertTolong(Ljava/lang/String;)J;
nested exception is:
        java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertTolong(Ljava/lang/String;)J
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:174)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.ConverterUtil.convertTolong(Ljava/lang/String;)J
        at
com.novartis.phoenix.webservices.request.SendRequestId$Factory.parse(SendRequestId.java:95)
        at
com.novartis.phoenix.webservices.request.RequestWSMessageReceiverInOut.fromOM(RequestWSMessageReceiverInOut.java:193)
        at
com.novartis.phoenix.webservices.request.RequestWSMessageReceiverInOut.invokeBusinessLogic(RequestWSMessageReceiverInOut.java:51)
        at
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractInOutSyncMessageReceiver.java:39)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:492)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:283)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:144)
        ... 26 more

        at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.<init>(AxisFault.java:159)
        ... 29 more
Debasish Dutta Roy
NITAS
Ph: 617-871-3033
_________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

exclusive use of the individual or entity named above and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of the
notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the material from any
computer.  Thank you.

Re: Cannot work with Axis2 - URGENT

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Debashish,

- Make sure you are using the nightly build.
- Make sure you run the wsdl2java again (don't mix and match old
generated code with new jars or vice versa)
- Make sure you thoroughly check all the jars that are in your
environment. It's very easy to mix jars and not know about it.

-- dims