Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org> on 2013/09/30 18:02:34 UTC

Re: New localizations for testing (Danish and Bulgarian)

Many thanks to Jan for providing the *sdf files and for completing the
danish translation. I fixed the remaining tag imbalances in the
Bulgarian translation in both Pootle and SVN.

The first test builds are available now for Bulgarian [1] and Danish
[2]. For now only the Mac builds, Linux 64bit is uploading, Linux 32bit
and Windows will probably become available tomorrow.

[1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/extra/bg/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/extra/da/

Herbert

Re: New localizations for testing (Danish and Bulgarian)

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
On 30 September 2013 21:56, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 30/09/2013 Herbert Duerr wrote:
>
>> The first test builds are available now for Bulgarian [1] and Danish
>> [2].
>>

> Thank you! It would still be helpful for translators to have the keyid
> ("kid") builds available too. I can't find valid reasons not to build them:
> the "kid" SDF file on trunk is up-to-date, the one for 4.0.1 is at
> http://people.apache.org/~**pescetti/tmp/2013-09-keyid/<http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/2013-09-keyid/>since 4.0.1 was open for blockers only.

just a hint, dont build kid speciel, build e.g. --with-lang="kid da"

that allows fast and easy switching (at least in my branch).

I build at the moment --with-lang="keyid da es en-US" (keyid is the new
name for kid in l10n40).

rgds
jan I.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 10/1/13 12:00 PM, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> On 30.09.2013 21:56, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> On 30/09/2013 Herbert Duerr wrote:
>>> The first test builds are available now for Bulgarian [1] and Danish
>>> [2].
>
> Now all the Bulgarian [1] and Danish [2] packages for Mac, Linux i686
> and Linux amd64 as RPM and DEB are created and uploaded. Their Windows
> counterparts will hopefully make it tomorrow.
>
> [1] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/extra/bg/
> [2] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/extra/da/
>
>> Thank you! It would still be helpful for translators to have the keyid
>> ("kid") builds available too. I can't find valid reasons not to build
>> them: the "kid" SDF file on trunk is up-to-date, the one for 4.0.1 is at
>> http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/2013-09-keyid/ since 4.0.1 was
>> open for blockers only.
>
> A good idea. I created language packs for the keyid pseudo-localization
> for Mac, Linux i686 and Linux amd64 as RPM and and DEB packages and put
> them next to the new languages [3]. Their Windows counterparts will
> hopefully make it tomorrow.
>
> [3] http://people.apache.org/~hdu/developer-snapshots/snapshot/extra/kid
>
> Seeing all the manual effort that is needed to build these localizations
> I respectfully request that translators interested in having their
> language supported do it before the localization deadline.

to make it more clear the integration of languages after the
localization deadline was good will to recognize the hard work of the
volunteers. But this should not be the normal procedure in the future
and the new process Jan is working on will help to improve the overall
situation. But we will have translation deadlines in the future as well
and it is of course important that this work is somewhat aligned with
our release plans.

Juergen

Re: New localizations for testing (Danish and Bulgarian)

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.