Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com> on 2000/03/01 21:17:44 UTC

Re: SQLProcessor - attributes of the query tag?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Terry Paddy wrote:

> Reading the info page for SQLProcessor reveals the following ...
>
> ********
> A partial list of attributes is:
> 	doc-element
> 	row-element
> 	tag-case
> 	null-indicator ... etc
> *******
>
> Is there a list somewhere of *all* the attributes? Yes, I've searched the

The SQLProcessor doc page should have them all listed. If not, please let
me know (or send a patch!)

- donald

RE: SQLProcessor - attributes of the query tag?

Posted by Terry Paddy <te...@rostersetc.com>.
Thanks for the info Donald

>Weellll.... I have an SQLEditorProcessor that I wrote. It's horrid, nasty,
>ugly code, but it _is_ functional, horrid, nasty, ugly code. It places
>some contraints on how you must name tables and columns, though I think I
>let you circumvent that through use of specially named meta tables. If you
>want to take a look at it, I'll send it your way; I'd be happy to open the
>source but wouldn't want to, uh, impose it upon anyone.

I'd appreciate looking at it if you could send it to me

Thanks... Terry
Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Posted by Terry Paddy <te...@rostersetc.com>.
Hi Donald, I sort of answered my own question by looking at the source code
namely the master_default_query_props, it's just that the SQLProcessor doc
page says ... "A partial list of attributes is:" so I assumed that there
were more.

The only extras I found in the source were
count-attribute
query-attribute
update-rows-attribute
session-variable-left-delimiter
session-variable-right-delimiter

I haven't worked out what they do yet :-)

While I have 'your ear', is there a way of updating a database from a XML
file? Or do I have to write that functionality myself?

Thanks ...
Terry
Christchurch, New Zealand
(still the home of the Americas Cup)