Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by sven goosen <co...@goosen.demon.nl> on 2007/01/16 13:44:06 UTC

access a database from flowscript

Hi,

I have a (javascript) flowscript file. And i want to access a database
from here.
Can i do this? If so, Is there any documentation on this?

Thanks in advance,
 Sven

Re: access a database from flowscript

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 1/16/07, Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> wrote:
> ...You can also access the database without OJB or Java components;
> there used to be samples showing this. ...

They're still alive, see "Easy SQL database access" at

  http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/release/samples/blocks/forms/

-Bertrand

Re: access a database from flowscript

Posted by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za>.
You can also access the database without OJB or Java components;
there used to be samples showing this.

Email me if you need a specific example.

>>> Jeroen Reijn <j....@hippo.nl> 2007/01/16 03:05 PM >>>

Hi Sven,

yes that's possible. There are several ways of doing this.
One way is using OJB. You can have a look at the employee sample in the

cocoon distribution.

Another one could be is writing your own Java component that handles
your specific database request. You can call that component then from
flowscript.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Reijn

sven goosen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a (javascript) flowscript file. And i want to access a
database
> from here.
> Can i do this? If so, Is there any documentation on this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sven

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice