Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Duro <de...@yahoo.com> on 2011/03/10 13:12:08 UTC

entity manager in webapp

Hi guys, is this an option to store the JPA entity manager for a wicket
webapp:
public class DBUtil {
     private static EntityManagerFactory entityManagerFactory = Persistence
             .createEntityManagerFactory("db");
     private static ThreadLocal<EntityManager> emHolder = new
ThreadLocal<EntityManager>() {
         protected EntityManager initialValue() {
             return entityManagerFactory.createEntityManager();
         };
     };

     public static User getUser(String userName) {
         return emHolder.get().find(User.class, userName);
     }

If not, thanks for possible better solutions, Juraj

Re: entity manager in webapp

Posted by Cristiano GaviĆ£o <cv...@gmail.com>.
Well, warp-persist became Guice-Persist... and it is part of 3.0:

<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.inject.extensions</groupId>
<artifactId>guice-persist</artifactId>
<version>3.0-rc3</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.inject.extensions</groupId>
<artifactId>guice-servlet</artifactId>
<version>3.0-rc3</version>
</dependency>

cheers