Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/06/01 04:23:17 UTC

httpd-win.conf broken on trunk

It looks like the trunk version of httpd has been busted on win32 ever
since the big authz refactoring in r368027.  I'd be happy to make the
changes to get it working again, if someone would be so kind as to
point me to some sort of documentation on how exactly one goes from
"The old way" to "The new way"...

-garrett

Re: httpd-win.conf broken on trunk

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 6/1/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
> >
> > One thing that seems odd, it looks like Makefile.win is still copying
> > docs/conf/httpd-win.conf to conf/httpd.conf.default, isn't the goal of
> > the previous changes to get a massaged version of httpd-std.conf.in
> > there?
>
> future tense, yes.  These were just glaring things I tripped over and
> streamlining the extras copy that were already committed.
>
> I think the one issue with using httpd-std.conf.in is the list of modules
> to load; netware has an awk script which accomplishes this - perhaps we
> piggyback on the same script?

Seems reasonable to me.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:

> One thing that seems odd, it looks like Makefile.win is still copying
> docs/conf/httpd-win.conf to conf/httpd.conf.default, isn't the goal of
> the previous changes to get a massaged version of httpd-std.conf.in
> there?

future tense, yes.  These were just glaring things I tripped over and
streamlining the extras copy that were already committed.

I think the one issue with using httpd-std.conf.in is the list of modules
to load; netware has an awk script which accomplishes this - perhaps we
piggyback on the same script?

Bill

Re: httpd-win.conf broken on trunk

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 6/1/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
> > It looks like the trunk version of httpd has been busted on win32 ever
> > since the big authz refactoring in r368027.  I'd be happy to make the
> > changes to get it working again, if someone would be so kind as to
> > point me to some sort of documentation on how exactly one goes from
> > "The old way" to "The new way"...
>
> Garrett please take a look at my commits a couple hrs ago, see if they
> are in sync with the direction you want to go.  Need to look to backporting
> as these changes are needed on 2.2 IIRC.

They seem reasonable to me, although I haven't tried them out.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:
> It looks like the trunk version of httpd has been busted on win32 ever
> since the big authz refactoring in r368027.  I'd be happy to make the
> changes to get it working again, if someone would be so kind as to
> point me to some sort of documentation on how exactly one goes from
> "The old way" to "The new way"...

Would it be better to pitch it?  See Makefile.win for the xformations,
which could obviously be switched to parse httpd-std.conf.in.

Bill