Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/07 22:08:53 UTC

[vote] release wicket 1.5-M1

This vote is to release wicket 1.5-M1

Branch: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/branches/wicket-1.5-M1/
Artifacts:
http://people.apache.org/~ivaynberg/wicket-1.5-M1/dist
Maven repo:
http://people.apache.org/~ivaynberg/wicket-1.5-M1/m2-repo
Changelog: below

This vote ends Tuesday 13:00 GMT-8

Please test the release and offer your vote:
[ ] Yes, release
[ ] No, don't release it (and please tell us why)

Bug	WICKET-2021	"When a form is not valid, the textfields become with
""raw input"" and can't change its model on subsequent requests"
Bug	WICKET-2298	Style and variant resolution is broken
Bug	WICKET-825	web browser displays empty page when WebPage mounted
with HybridUrlCodingStrategy
Bug	WICKET-2372	Include component does not handle UTF-8 content correctly
Bug	WICKET-1343	HybridUrlCodingStrategy and StatelessForm ( or
StatelessLink ) results in invalid parameter encoding
Bug	WICKET-2386	JavaDoc: Some JavDoc examples still refer to WicketServlet
Bug	WICKET-2396	DateField.newDateTextField's parameters should be generified
Bug	WICKET-2470	Building ThreadTest fails in trunk
Bug	WICKET-2558	FilterToolbar fails to render in 1.5-SS
Bug	WICKET-2544	Generified TabbedPanel constructor is too much inflexible
Bug	WICKET-2499	"in wicket 1.5, rename 1.4-SNAPSHOT to 1.5-SNAPSHOT"
Bug	WICKET-2569	Inheritance layout excludes XML header from output
Bug	WICKET-713	AbstractAjaxBehavior can not be reused.
Bug	WICKET-2839	ajax not working due to bugs in resource handling
Bug	WICKET-2636	Wicket enclosure cannot find wicket container children
when hidden and in an extended page
Bug	WICKET-2812	Textarea ignores first line in case of blank line
Bug	WICKET-2956	WebApplication.onSessionDestroyed no longer invoked by anybody
Bug	WICKET-2426	"""Couldn't resolve model type of Model"" for PasswordTextField"
Bug	WICKET-1029	Get Invalid Content-Length header returned by TCP
junction server
Bug	WICKET-153	FormElement cookies not set when called using AJAX
Bug	WICKET-1140	Adding WebPage.html after viewing it once requires
restart of servlet container for updates in developer mode.
Improvement	WICKET-96	Mechanism for extensible JS-contributing behaviors
Improvement	WICKET-1591	let BrowserInfoPage be customizable / extendable
Improvement	WICKET-2213	Remove FormComponent persistence
Improvement	WICKET-2280	Remove IComponentBorder in favor of IBehavior
Improvement	WICKET-2403	org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.WicketTreeModel
should have a constructor taking a TreeModel
Improvement	WICKET-2571	o.a.wicket.ng.** Resource related classes
don't take 'variation' into account
Improvement	WICKET-2820	change the Checkbox's onSelectionChanged to
have a Boolean as the new selection
Improvement	WICKET-2924	Duplicated method implementation
setDefaultFormProcessing for AbstarctSubmitLink and Button.
Improvement	WICKET-1238	Improve markup localization to support ajax
rendering of dynamically generated components
Improvement	WICKET-1530	Mount resources by locale
Improvement	WICKET-2535	Improve consistency of ParseException error messages
Improvement	WICKET-2588	ExternalLink to take IModel<?> instead of
IModel<String> for label
Improvement	WICKET-2612	create abstraction for content types
Improvement	WICKET-2398	AjaxFormSubmitBehavior cannot be applied to Form
Improvement	WICKET-2356	component report more informative message on
error loading model object
Improvement	WICKET-2409	"Widen type-constraint on
TextTemplate.interpolate(Map<String, Object> variables)"
Improvement	WICKET-2408	AjaxEditableLabel: allow starting edit programmatically
Improvement	WICKET-2450	Performance of ThumbnailImageResource
Improvement	WICKET-2238	Keep auto-components after rendering
Improvement	WICKET-2365	"Please support ""autowire-candidate""
attribute of a bean when injecting via @SpringBean"
Improvement	WICKET-2319	Performance of ThumbnailImageResource
Improvement	WICKET-2447	AjaxEditableLabel: newPanel - use Component
instead of WebComponent for easier subclassing
Improvement	WICKET-2421	DefaultCssAutocompleteTextField should be renamed
Improvement	WICKET-2574	Fix some TODOs in 1.5-SNAPSHOT
Improvement	WICKET-2009	Update Quickstart to use archetype:generate
goal instead of archetype:create
New Feature	WICKET-617	Optimize JavaScript and CSS downloads
New Feature	WICKET-2953	Implement page versioning in Wicket 1.5
New Feature	WICKET-1261	New validator: validating range boundaries
Sub-task	WICKET-2494	"WICKET-1853
Outside form components problem"
Test	WICKET-2758	Patches for tests in trunk
Wish	WICKET-2543	AjaxRequestTarget#addComponent method using varargs
Wish	WICKET-1511	Control BookmarkablePageLink Parameter's order
Wish	WICKET-1937	Enclosure with fallback section

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.5-M1

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Please test the release and offer your vote:
[x] Yes, release
[ ] No, don't release it (and please tell us why)

My first binding vote!

I played some more with 1.5 (trunk) lately so I want to vote for its M1
release without playing with just released tag :-)

This is milestone release so it is not ready for production! But we think it
is stable enough for bigger user audience!
All of you that want to play with it please read
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Migration+to+Wicket+1.5
first.
Maybe the page is not complete
so share all your findings either in mailing lists or directly in wiki - it
is editable by users too.

I also want to ask the maintainers of http://wicketstuff.org/wicket/ to
update the trunk demos and probably move them to /wicket15.

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.5-M1

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
vote has passed with 4 +1 binding and 1 +1 nonbinding votes. thank
you. i will upload to mirrors.

-igor

Re: [vote] release wicket 1.5-M1

Posted by Juergen Donnerstag <ju...@gmail.com>.