Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2002/07/15 19:34:09 UTC

Re: JNDI Dependency

Hi,

I just compiled 2.0.3 and it still gave me the same error about JNDI as
before.  Something is not seeing the presence of JNDI in JDK 1.4.

Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Original thread:

Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> > From: Ryan Hoegg [mailto:rhoegg@isisnetworks.net]
> >
> > You know, something else that bugs me is this error message:
> >
> > op-warning:
> > *
> > *  Classes of the optional package JNDI are not
> > *  available. Apache Cocoon builds without them.
> > *
> > *  JNDI is required for the ldap generator and the parentcm generator.
> > *
> > *  Recovery:
> > *  Get the jndi.jar from Sun and place the jar in the lib/optional dir
> > *
> >
> > JNDI is integrated into the JDK 1.4; it's no longer available as a
> > separate package.  Shouldn't the build recognize that?
>
> Carsten,
>
> Should <path id="classpath"> have reference to the rt.jar? Are there any
> issues with that?

Hmmm, as our build system already distinguished between 1.2/1.3 and 1.4 this
should work, I think.

Carsten

RE: JNDI Dependency

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Yes, this is still a problem - we didn't fix it for 2.0.3. Sorry.

Carsten