Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jack Levin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 23:43:09 UTC

question about RS to DN timeouts

  <property>
    <name>hbase.client.pause</name>
    <value>1000</value>
    <description>General client pause value.  Used mostly as value to wait
    before running a retry of a failed get, region lookup, etc.</description>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.client.retries.number</name>
    <value>10</value>
    <description>Maximum retries.  Used as maximum for all retryable
    operations such as fetching of the root region from root region
    server, getting a cell's value, starting a row update, etc.
    Default: 10.
    </description>
  </property>

Are those the numbers to adjust?  We want to be able to switch to
other datanodes that have replicated blocks faster should the primary
datanode be dead, network unavailable, or any other reason.

Thanks.

-Jack

Re: question about RS to DN timeouts

Posted by Jack Levin <ma...@gmail.com>.
What I meant to say, suppose RS hdfs client is trying to read blocks
form a datanode, and I reboot or crash that datanode right at that
time, I would like RS hdfs client to switch to another datanode with
replicated blocks faster, so I would like to know if configs are
possible to change to affect it.

-Jack

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.