Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Babak Bastan <ba...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/02 11:20:10 UTC

HADOOP_HOME

Hello experts

How can I set  HADOOP _HOME? in which file I can find this variable? I
should set this variable with the path in that I downloaded hadoop?

thank you so much

Re: HADOOP_HOME

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi Babak,

    You can use export command from the shell to set HADOOO_HOME, but
it will be lost once you close the terminal. To set ir permanently add
the following line to the ".bashrc" file present in your
/home/your_username/ directory -

export HADOOP_HOME=/path_of_your_hadoop_folder

You can use this to set any variable permanently. Restart your system
in order to apply the changes.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

Re: HADOOP_HOME

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Use export command

Re: HADOOP_HOME

Posted by Mark Grover <mg...@oanda.com>.
Babak,
For what it's worth, HADOOP_HOME has been deprecated starting Hadoop 0.23

Mark

Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 11:20:10 +0200
Subject: HADOOP_HOME
From: babakbsn@gmail.com
To: user@hive.apache.org

--

∞ Shashwat Shriparv

Re: HADOOP_HOME

Posted by Bejoy Ks <be...@yahoo.com>.
Hi

________________________________
add this line to you /etc/environment     file

export HADOOP_HOME=<path of your hadoop folder>

DO this:-

--

∞
Shashwat Shriparv