Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org> on 2016/12/14 15:12:46 UTC

OSGi JPA service updates

Hi all,

The OSGi Alliance are working on an update to the JPA service specification (RFC 232) which will need an updated reference implementation. I would like to propose the Aries JPA container component as the reference implementation. Obviously some work needs to happen to ensure that the code passes all both the current Compliance Tests, and any new tests that are added. I am happy to take this work forward, assuming that there are no objections.

Regards,

Tim

Re: OSGi JPA service updates

Posted by Timothy Ward <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Christian,

I’m currently looking at what needs to happen to get the current RI through the existing CT. Some of the issues thrown up are definitely in the CT itself, so I’ll be following those up internally in the Alliance. I’m not expecting Aries JPA to need big changes - the one significant change is that I think Aries will need to start providing its own version of the javax.persistence API bundle so that we can include the JPA contract, and so that we can make sure the Persistence Bootstrap class “works” as per the spec (yuck).

For the moment though I’ve found one bug in Aries JPA - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1642. If you’d like to fix it then be my guest, I’ll keep going by installing config admin while we run the CT. I think the fix should be as simple as putting the following snippet in the constructor, but I haven’t actually tested it!

if(bundle.getBundleContext().getServiceReference(ConfigurationAdmin.class) == null) {
   createAndConfigureEMF(null);
}

Tim

On 15 Dec 2016, at 09:08, Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>> wrote:

Hi Tim,

I fully support your efforts. Let me know if I can help. Does the new spec require bigger design changes?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de