Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org> on 2015/01/09 17:10:17 UTC

Coming to FOSDEM

Hi!

as it turns out -- I'll be coming to FOSDEM
end of Jan. Since this is my first time there,
I'm looking for guidance of how to maximize
the impact of the event for us.

Do I need to submit some kind of a proposal
for a track/preso/demo/etc?

Do I need to hang out at certain location?

Is there a way to do a Bigdata meetup cetered
around Bigtop, but covering all the cool
stuff we play with?

Olaf, your help organizing this will be *greatly*
appreciated!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Coming to FOSDEM

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Hi Peter!

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Peter Linnell <pl...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> I will be at FOSDEM as well. We can schedule a lightning talk for sure.

Great to know you'll be there! Can you help submit a lightning talk?
We can totally co-present it!

Also, do you know folks on the organizing committee? I would
appreciate an intro since I was going to ask them a few question
(along the lines of a puzzling lack of any devrooms for distributed
systems or bigdata).

> As for a hangout, the hallway tracks are excellent.
>
> Do not miss the beer night on Friday near the Delirium Cafe.

Now that you mentioned it -- it sounds like a must!

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Coming to FOSDEM

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.