Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Regan, Aaron" <Aa...@akquinet.de.INVALID> on 2019/11/17 14:57:07 UTC

James-2980 sslEnable issue

Hi,

With regards to Jira issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-2980. Would adding another conditional after the gateway server check in DNSHelper class to check configuration for sslEnable = true be suitable way to fix the bug ? Then we can create a instance of MXHostAddressIterator passing in defaultPort 465.

Regards,
Aaron

Re: James-2980 sslEnable issue

Posted by "Regan, Aaron" <Aa...@akquinet.de.INVALID>.
Hi Duc,

Thanks for looking into this, server to server communication over port 465 is important to our set-up, but I'll heed your warning and keep and eye on it.

Many Thanks,
Aaron

On 18.11.19, 10:38, "Đức Trần Tiến" <tr...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi Aaron,
    I did an experiment regarding the issue. By ignoring the port in
    MXhostAddressIterator, I feel that James now is not be stick with port 25
    when remote delivering
    The implement is in https://github.com/linagora/james-project/pull/2892
    I had built an docker James image on that implementation and tested
    manually. Things go as expected.

    But for adopting the solution, we need time to investigate more and writing
    good tests requires to have a right tool,
    that's not simple and quick.

    So if your situation is critical. Once the PR above pass the CI, feel free
    to fetch the code and build your own James.

    Remember that, it's not an official solution, use as your own risk!

    Duc,
    Regards

    Vào CN, 17 thg 11, 2019 vào lúc 21:57 Regan, Aaron
    <Aa...@akquinet.de.invalid> đã viết:

Posted by Đức Trần Tiến <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aaron,

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
Hi Regan,

I wonder if we should not position the port at all, and let javax.mail
figuring it out.

Regards,

Benoit Tellier