Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/23 04:13:53 UTC

How to continuous integrate Maven2 projects?

Hi guys,
I'm using CruiseControl 2.5 to continuous integrate Maven2 projects.
I'm blocked by the strategy of continuous integration.

For example, I have a Web application project and a pom.xml.
The POM has set scm element and maven-scm-plugin for CVS.

I set the following scripts to CC config.xml
<modificationset quietperiod="30">
  <cvs cvsroot="${cvsroot}" module="${module}"/>
</modificationset>
and cvsroot=:pserver:name:password@server:port:repository
<schedule interval="180">
  <maven2 mvnscript="E:/apache-maven-2.0.4/bin/mvn.bat"
    pomfile="${checkoutdir}/${project.name}/${moduld}/pom.xml"
    goal="scm:checkout clean package" />
</schedule>
I have not bootstrappers element.

But command "mvn scm:scheckout" would checkout files to
WebProject/target/checkout, but update the files in WebProject root.
If I changed checkoutDirectory to "."(not target/checkout), CC reported that
cann't remove WebProject root directory.

I think my strategy for checkouting from CVS is wrong.
How to resolve the problem?
Thanks in advance!

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang

Re: [OT] How to continuous integrate Maven2 projects?

Posted by Gisbert Amm <gi...@webde.de>.
Mike Clark recommends to write a delegating build script that does the
initial checkout, see:

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/starter_kit/au/scheduled.pdf

I strongly recommend to buy the whole book!

-Gisbert Amm

Re: How to continuous integrate Maven2 projects?

Posted by jiangshachina <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> not why you sent it twice within an hour!!!!
In fact, the mail list reported me that the post wasn't accepted by
users@maven.apache.org.
Then I resent it.

> best to ping cruise control list.
I have done.