Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> on 2005/04/07 18:39:41 UTC

Re: [resources][configuration] was: Re: RESEND: RE: Load message resources from DB???

Hi, I agree there is definitely room to mix [resources] and
[configuration]. Actually I started working on Commons Configuration
because I wanted a smart resource bundle for a Struts application
supporting ${variable} interpolation and automatic reloading.

I wrote a ConfigurationMessageResources implementation but it only use
PropertiesConfiguration. A more generic implementation could bring all
the formats supported by [configuration] to [resources]. Imagine
writting a resource file with a .ini file instead of a .properties file,
it would make the file much more readable, for example:

[page1]

text1=foo
text2=bar

instead of:

page1.text1=foo
page1.text2=bar

But I have to complete my INIConfiguration implementation first ;)

Emmanuel Bourg