Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org> on 2018/12/12 11:34:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.6.3

Hi Flink community,

I would like to ask what you think about releasing 1.6.3.

There's a few critical fixes in the 1.6 branch that users would benefit
from with another bugfix release for the series.

Some are already mentioned by Till in the recent 1.5.6 release discussion
thread, and their fixes are also present in the 1.6 branch [1] -
Serializer duplication problems: FLINK-10839, FLINK-10639
Fixing retraction: FLINK-10674
Deadlock during spilling data in SpillableSubpartition: FLINK-10491

Some 1.6 specific fixes are -
Problem with restoring 1.5 broadcast state: FLINK-11087
Problem with restoring FlinkKafkaProducer: FLINK-10353
LockableTypeSerializer duplication problem: FLINK-10816

Another issue where the fix isn't merged yet, but we should probably
include is FLINK-11083 (problem with restoring table state, PR is
available).

What do you think?

Cheers,
Gordon

[1]
http://apache-flink-mailing-list-archive.1008284.n3.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Creating-last-bug-fix-release-for-1-5-branch-td25794.html

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.6.3

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
Thanks.

I'll proceed to create a release candidate for 1.6.3 now.
Hopefully we can have the release out by the end of this week / early next
week.

Cheers,
Gordon

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
+1 for a more stable flink 1.6 release.

Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com> 于2018年12月13日周四 上午9:32写道:

> Hi Gordon,
>
> Thanks for the discussion!
> +1 for creating the 1.6.3 release. It would be nice if we have a new fix
> for the previous release.
>
> Best, Hequn
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 11:05 PM Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for starting this discussion Gordon. +1 for creating the 1.6.3
> > release since we have already quite some good fixes in the release-1.6
> > branch.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Till
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 12:58 PM vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>