Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dmitrey <dm...@ukr.net> on 2009/01/09 14:41:25 UTC

I can't commit from remote computer - Authorization failed

Hi there,

I created a repository onto a remote server, so now I can checkout:
svn co svn://openopt.org openopt

however, I can't commit from my home computer, for "svn ci myFile" I get
"svn: Authorization failed". I can commit only when I'm there via ssh.

What should I do to have possibility to commit from my home computer via
simple type in terminal "svn ci myFile"? In future I intend to use
kdesvn, like I did it before with another repository.

Thank you in advance,
Dmitrey

RE: I can't commit from remote computer - Authorization failed

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
You have to configure the authorization on the server in the config
file.

If you just want to be able to commit with no need to login you can put

[general]
auth-access = read

But, if you want to have a login use:

[general]
anon-access = read
auth-access = write

password-db = passwd
realm = AMSI

Then create a text file named passwd that looks like this:

[users]
Username1 = password1
Username2 = password2

This will also give you the benefit of keeping track of who did each
commit so you get logs and blame info with usernames.

BOb