Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Nair, Rajeev K" <ra...@hp.com> on 2003/12/09 09:51:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Access log is blank

Hi,
 I have apache webserver on redhat linux 9.0.The problem is my access
log is blank always even if I try to access the pages.also the error log
has also stopped logging after certain time.The site is blocked both
internally and externally in the firewall and only way to access the
site is with another domain name(basically redirection to this
server).is this the reason why the access log is blank??
Please find below the httpd.conf entries for logging

ErrorLog logs/chinatest/error_log
TransferLog logs/chinatest/access_log
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
CustomLog logs/chinatest/access_log common

Here custom log is in common format but the logformat is not.shoudl I
change it??can anyone throw a light in to it.thnx in advance
Regards
rajiv

Re: [users@httpd] Access log is blank

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Nair, Rajeev K wrote:

> Hi,
>  I have apache webserver on redhat linux 9.0.The problem is my access
> log is blank always even if I try to access the pages.also the error log
> has also stopped logging after certain time.The site is blocked both
> internally and externally in the firewall and only way to access the
> site is with another domain name(basically redirection to this
> server).is this the reason why the access log is blank??
> Please find below the httpd.conf entries for logging
>
> ErrorLog logs/chinatest/error_log
> TransferLog logs/chinatest/access_log
> LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
> CustomLog logs/chinatest/access_log common

It appears you haven't read the docs for mod_log_config.  I'd start there.

Some problems:

1. Don't use both TransferLog and CustomLog.  They duplicate each other's
functionality.

2. Where is the "common" logformat defined?  I don't see it here.

Joshua.