Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by me...@canada.com on 2001/07/03 08:07:34 UTC

blue screen with servlets/jsp in Apache-Tomcat

hi,
i get the blue screen of death everytime i access a servlet or jsp example from the Tomcat examples with:
http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/* or
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/* or
http://localhost/examples/jsp/* or
http://localhost/examples/servlet/*

system:
dell inspiron 4000
windows 2000 pro
jdk 1.3.1
jakarta-tomcat 3.2.2
with jserv module loaded in apache

i don't know where/how to start debugging this.  i don't even get any runtime errors.  please help.
thanks,
--meg

Re: blue screen with servlets/jsp in Apache-Tomcat

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
What happens if you look at them from another box?  that is - is it a client
problem or a server problem?

Posted by Dominic North <do...@redblack.co.uk>.
I have a similar problem with

Dell Inspiron 4000
Windows 2000 Pro
JDK 1.3.0
jakarta-tomcat 3.2.2

I am using Tomcat standalone.

I notice that
1) I can get one or two invocations of my servlet URL to work if I set
up a local proxy server on 127.0.0.1:8080. However, after one or two
goes, I get BSOD.

2) It never seems to work without the proxy server setup.

3) It will also fail on one of my static HTML page URLs.

4) I have tried using other ports.

Whichever way you look at it, this is a(nother) Windows bug, but is
there a workaround?

Dominic North
Red-Black IT Limited
+44-7803-293753