Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by richardg <ri...@dvdempire.com> on 2015/03/10 16:32:23 UTC

Solr 5 upgrade

Ubuntu 14.04.02
Trying to install solr 5 following this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Upgrading+a+Solr+4.x+Cluster+to+Solr+5.0

I keep getting "this script requires extracting a war file with either the
jar or unzip utility, please install these utilities or contact your
administrator for assistance." after running install_solr_service.sh.  It
says "Service solr installed." but when I try to run the service I get the
above error.  Not sure the resolution.

Re: Solr 5 upgrade

Posted by bharat jangid <bh...@gmail.com>.
richardg <richardg <at> dvdempire.com> writes:

> Ubuntu 14.04.02
> Trying to install solr 5 following this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Upgrading+a+Solr+4.x+Cl
uster+to+Solr+5.0

> I keep getting "this script requires extracting a war file with either
the
> jar or unzip utility, please install these utilities or contact your
> administrator for assistance." after running install_solr_service.sh.
It
> says "Service solr installed." but when I try to run the service I get
the
> above error.  Not sure the resolution.

Please check JAVA_HOME, It seems Java is not installed on machine
causing this issue.

You can confirm it by trying java -version in command prompt.