Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by Mike Beckerle <mb...@apache.org> on 2021/10/14 12:49:11 UTC

Fwd: IBM DFDL is upgrading ICU level

So we will need to upgrade our cross-testing rig to test against this
latest version of IBM DFDL.

Note that the IBM Cross-tester lives on github openDFDL project. It's not
technically Apache software since it can't be as it links against IBM DFDL
which is restricted license.

However, it is a key part of how we maintain compatibility with IBM DFDL
for a core set of DFDL schemas that use a subset of DFDL both
implementations support.

Also they've upgraded ICU to a newer version, which may have compatibility
impact. In the past there has been issues in compatibility due to the very
different versions of the ICU library used by Daffodil and IBM DFDL.

-mikeb