Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Michael Taft <mi...@earthlink.net> on 2004/11/24 08:10:38 UTC

Quick Question

In the older versions of HttpClient, there was a UI window that
automatically popped up and asked for username and password input when
requested. Does that feature still exists? I can't seem to find it. It
would be handy.

Re: Quick Question

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Michael,

I believe it is the innovation.ch HTTPClient package that you're
thinking of.

Mike

Re: Quick Question

Posted by Michael Taft <mi...@earthlink.net>.
Oleg -

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I doubt this feature ever existed in HttpClient. Unlike standard Java's
> HttpUrlConnection HttpClient has never had a UI of any sort. We always
> wanted to keep HttpClient decoupled from application specific aspects
> such as UI. This said in HttpClient 3.0 there's now a way to hook up a
> custom authentication dialog using CredentialsProvider interface. See
> example below
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/examples/InteractiveAuthenticationExample.java?view=auto
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Oleg
>
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:10:38PM -0800, Michael Taft wrote:
>
>>In the older versions of HttpClient, there was a UI window that
>>automatically popped up and asked for username and password input when
>>requested. Does that feature still exists? I can't seem to find it. It
>>would be handy.

Michael W. Taft
Writer/Editor
4614 Finley Avenue, #3