Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Vincent Fazio <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/16 17:20:54 UTC

How do I override the Sling/Jackrabbit configuration parameters when deployed in Glassfish v3

Where/how do I override the Jackrabbit configuration
parameters<http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Configurationvariables>
when
I have the Sling distro deployed in Glassfish v3? I've tried setting
rep.home in the Glassfish Admin -> Enterprise Server -> System
Properties panel,
but it doesn't seem to have any affect.

   - Do I have the property name correct?
   - Is this not the right place to do this?

I've also tried setting the the *sling.home* property in the same manner
without success.

Re: How do I override the Sling/Jackrabbit configuration parameters when deployed in Glassfish v3

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:20 AM, Vincent Fazio <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where/how do I override the Jackrabbit configuration
> parameters<http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-configuration.html#JackrabbitConfiguration-Configurationvariables>

AFAIK, these parameters (rep.home, wsp.home, wsp.name) aren't meant to
be overridden - they're interpolated by Jackrabbit when parsing the
configuration file. What is it you are trying to accomplish?

> when
> I have the Sling distro deployed in Glassfish v3? I've tried setting
> rep.home in the Glassfish Admin -> Enterprise Server -> System
> Properties panel,
> but it doesn't seem to have any affect.
>
>   - Do I have the property name correct?
>   - Is this not the right place to do this?
>
> I've also tried setting the the *sling.home* property in the same manner
> without success.

To specify sling.home in a webapp distribution, you need to edit the
web.xml file. Take a look at the web.xml and you'll see an init
parameter commented out. Uncomment this and specify your own value.

Justin