Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eugene Poole <et...@adelphia.net> on 2006/02/07 15:02:08 UTC

Is There a Howto - Again

What I should have asked was:
    "Where can I find a 'HowTo' or a tutorial on HTTP 2.0.53 + Tomcat
5.0.28 + Oracle 10g R2 + Fedora Core 4?"
Gene

Re: Is There a Howto - Again

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
In that case, simplify your life by dropping Apache HTTPd from the
equation. The only reason to keep Apache HTTPd in the equation is if you
have content in other technologies and you don't want to bloody your
head against the wall trying to make CGI work with tomcat.  Tomcat can
easily handle the web requests by itself.

--David

Re: Is There a Howto - Again

Posted by Eugene Poole <et...@adelphia.net>.

Re: Is There a Howto - Again

Posted by Philipp Jäggi <ph...@snct.lu>.
Don't work in a productive environment with the standard package
installation of tomcat from fc4. It's not a so good implementation of
tomcat. Especially when you work with Apache Axis. Best way is to remove
you tomcat packages and install sun's java and the normal tomcat build.
Much faster in the end then fedora packages!

bye Philipp

Philipp Jäggi
SNCT Sandweiler
bp 23
L-5230 Sandweiler

+352 35'72'14'342

mailto: philipp.jaeggi@snct.lu

Bjørge Solli <bj...@nersc.no>
02/07/2006 03:07 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <us...@tomcat.apache.org>

users@tomcat.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Is There a Howto - Again

--
Bjørge Solli - Office:+47 55205847 cellph.:+47 91614343
Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center - Bergen, Norway

Re: Is There a Howto - Again

Posted by Bjørge Solli <bj...@nersc.no>.

Re: Is There a Howto - Again

Posted by Eugene Poole <et...@adelphia.net>.
Joe Plautz wrote:

> You can find just about what ever you are looking for on the web, but
> I've found that there are several well written books on Tomcat. When I
> was getting started, I had a copy of "Professional Apache Tomcat." It
> didn't have everything that I needed, but it was most certainly my
> first stop. Specifically, it was really helpful in setting up DataBase
> Connection Pools and such.

Thanks, I'm heading to Borders and Barnes & Noble in just a few.

Gene

Re: Is There a Howto - Again

Posted by Joe Plautz <jo...@customcall.com>.

Re: Is There a Howto - Again