Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Lars Skjærven <la...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/08 09:30:00 UTC

Kubernetes Operator resource limits and requests

Hello,

How can we define *limit* and *request* for the kubernetes pods as
described here:
https://kubernetes.io/docs/concepts/configuration/manage-resources-containers/#requests-and-limits

Looks like we can only set one value for CPU and memory:
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-docs-main/docs/custom-resource/reference/#taskmanagerspec

limits and request seems to be supported in the Spotify version of the
operator:
https://github.com/spotify/flink-on-k8s-operator/blob/master/docs/crd.md#taskmanagerspec

Kind regards,
Lars

Re: Kubernetes Operator resource limits and requests

Posted by Máté Czagány <cz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The values you referenced are for the request fields, for the limit fields
you can use these configuration values:
- kubernetes.jobmanager.cpu.limit-factor
- kubernetes.jobmanager.memory.limit-factor
- kubernetes.taskmanager.cpu.limit-factor
- kubernetes.taskmanager.memory.limit-factor

Please see this page for more info:
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.16/docs/deployment/config/#kubernetes

Regards,
Mate