Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com> on 2008/07/22 21:17:55 UTC

[S2] devMode + Maven2 + recompile classes

Hi,

I'm using Maven2 to develop my Struts2 application, as I discovered,
it's possible to configure Maven2 to recompile modified classes and
also update resource files, but I don't know how to setup that. I'm
also using Jetty plugin with Maven2 and IntelliJ IDEA 7. Can someone
help me?

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: [S2] devMode + Maven2 + recompile classes

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
> Yes, that it's how it's supposed to be I guess. What exactly is the
> problem? Is it that the webapp won't reload when you edit classes or
> resources when you edit them in your IDE? Is your IDE set up with
> correct output build paths? Does it help to touch the web.xml file?

That's the point, I don't know why I disabled this functionality in
IntelliJ IDEA, right now it's working as charm ;-)
Thanks for the tip!

Regards

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that it's how it's supposed to be I guess. What exactly is the
problem? Is it that the webapp won't reload when you edit classes or
resources when you edit them in your IDE? Is your IDE set up with
correct output build paths? Does it help to touch the web.xml file?

Nils-H

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Markus Stauffer <ma...@gmail.com>.
Can i do this with tomcat as well. I think it's called hot-deploy or
something. Someone got it working with netbeans 6.1+ and maven2 project?

regards
--
Markus Stauffer

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.