Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Patrick Young <pa...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/10 08:25:49 UTC

missing medication mentions (tika cTAKESParser)

I am using tika-app-1.19.jar & ctakes4.0.0 to populate neo4j with ctakes
event mentions extracted from biomedical articles. However, I've noticed
some  medication mentions e.g., indinavir, zidovudine are missed while
other antiretrovirals such as lamivudine are detected.

The default CVD spots these meds properly though... any ideas why this
might be happening?

Many thanks,
Paddy Young

--
Dr Patrick M Young

RE: missing medication mentions (tika cTAKESParser)

Posted by Gandhi Rajan Natarajan <Ga...@arisglobal.com>.
Hi Patrick,

If the default CVD works fine, then we may have to look at tika app implementation on how it processes the cTAKES output. It required you can come up with your parser.

Please check this link for more info on custom parser - https://github.com/GoTeamEpsilon/ctakes-rest-service/blob/master/ctakes-web-rest/src/main/java/org/apache/ctakes/rest/util/XMLParser.java

Regards,
Gandhi

I am using tika-app-1.19.jar & ctakes4.0.0 to populate neo4j with ctakes event mentions extracted from biomedical articles. However, I've noticed some  medication mentions e.g., indinavir, zidovudine are missed while other antiretrovirals such as lamivudine are detected.

The default CVD spots these meds properly though... any ideas why this might be happening?

Many thanks,
Paddy Young

--
Dr Patrick M Young
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender or system manager by email immediately if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and against the law.