Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/25 14:56:43 UTC

LogScanner questions

Hi,

I see that the readLogRecord() method tries to read some data from the
log file, with a specified size. It calls the LogFileManager.read(
buffer, offset, size ) method, which reads the exect buber of bytes
required, or throws an exception. So is it a good idea to return the
number of read bytes ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: LogScanner questions

Posted by Selcuk AYA <ay...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that the readLogRecord() method tries to read some data from the log
> file, with a specified size. It calls the LogFileManager.read( buffer,
> offset, size ) method, which reads the exect buber of bytes required, or
> throws an exception. So is it a good idea to return the number of read bytes
> ?

retruning the number of bytes read should not be necessary and it is
not used anywhere. I will remove it.