Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org> on 2014/11/20 09:08:00 UTC

TomEE and Kundera

Hi,
I've started to play around with TomEE and kundera JPA and I'm wondering if
someone else has.

I get a:
 Please bind [com.impetus.kundera.persistence.jta.KunderaJTAUserTransaction]
for :{java:comp/UserTransaction} lookupclass
org.apache.openejb.core.CoreUserTransaction

Is this something that might be configured as a system property or should I
use a resource definition?

br hw

Re: TomEE and Kundera

Posted by hwaastad <he...@waastad.org>.
Great,thanks Romain.

I'll head over to Kundera :-)

br hw

Re: TomEE and Kundera

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
There is no easy way to do it and even if it was the case I think it
shouldn't be done: it breaks almost everything else relying on JTA.
The easiest is to ask kundera to support a
kunderaUserTransactionProvider in the persistence unit properties. It
is trivial for them to do and you don't break other JTA usages then.

Side note: this is more or less what does all JPA provider: having a
little SPI configurable in persistence unit properties to get the
transactional environment.

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau
http://www.tomitribe.com