Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2013/07/04 12:24:05 UTC

Idea/proposal: merging the Confluence spaces EndUsers, Technical, Requirements into the public wiki

Hi all,

in order to start the process of cleaning up the mess in our Confluence spaces, as a very first step I would like you to consider the idea of merging the spaces:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/OFBiz+End+User+Docs+Home
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Home
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBREQDES/Home

into

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Home

Then we will shut down the three old ones.
As a result, we will end up with two spaces:

Public wiki (everyone can read/write): https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Home
Project Admin Space (only committers can write): https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Home

The consequence will be that most of the document will be editable by everyone but I think it is fine and we could review our policies if this experiment will fail.

After this is done we will consider further cleanup.

What do you think?

Jacopo

Re: Idea/proposal: merging the Confluence spaces EndUsers, Technical, Requirements into the public wiki

Posted by Medhat AbdelBadie <me...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Keeping the old spaces with links from new ones (with warnings) until we have them migrated seems wise to me

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Am 04.07.2013 12:24, schrieb Jacopo Cappellato:
> Hi all,
>
> in order to start the process of cleaning up the mess in our Confluence spaces, as a very first step I would like you to consider the idea of merging the spaces:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/OFBiz+End+User+Docs+Home
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Home
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBREQDES/Home
>
> into
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Home
[..]
> What do you think?

+1 (I thought we already voted on this...)

What about links to the old spaces?

Christian

Re: Idea/proposal: merging the Confluence spaces EndUsers, Technical, Requirements into the public wiki

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1 but I don't really have a stake in that game.  Things got a bit to complicated for me when the ASF started doing that weird export thing.

Regards
Scott