Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Boni Gopalan (BioImagene)" <Bo...@bioimagene.com> on 2008/10/17 08:01:29 UTC

OCM:Supporting nested properties for the FilterImpl

The Filter is a nifty interface that allows hassle free construction of
JCR query strings through a Criterion() like methods.  The default
implementation does a remarkably accurate job of building queries that
are one level deep.  It would be great if the queries can be any level
deep so that one can fetch back any specific 'Object' representation of
a node or a property.

Eg.

Foo{

String id;

List<Bar> myBar;

}

Bar{

            String id;

            String name;

}

Filter(Foo.class); [Not exactly but you get the idea!]

Filter.addEqualsTo("myBar[].name"," C&A's Pub Pub");

Ocm.getObjects(Filter) , fetches all the Foos with a nested property
name="C&A's Pub"

Any thoughts?  Is it possible with the current API?,

Thanks

Boni

Boni Gopalan
Manager Engineering
BioImagene, Pune

+91-206-609-6579(O)
+91-992-369-9356(C)

Re: OCM:Supporting nested properties for the FilterImpl

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
ok.  Thanks for your help.

Christophe

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.