Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Heligon Sandra <sa...@nextream.fr> on 2002/09/24 12:09:20 UTC

Exception management in the "contextInitialized" method of the H ttpServletContextListener class

	I use the HttpServletContextListener class to make initializations
but if a problem arrives during this phase of initialization
	I do not know how to manage the exceptions and to inform the
customer of the problem.
	Would somebody have an example of exception's management in this
type of listener?

	public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent arg0)
   	{
      		try
		{
			..
		}
		catch (??)
      		{
        		  ??
        		  return;
      		}
	}

	I wish that the "contextInitialized" method  not be called during
the deployment of the application (Tomcat being launched in service NT)
	but on the first request how is it possible?

	Thanks a lot in advance
	Sandra