Posted to users@maven.apache.org by od...@dnbnor.no on 2005/09/20 10:47:03 UTC

Error in m2 eclipse plugin

This is an issue that was pointed out on this mailinglist in 2003 on maven 1.0 and eclipse:

When I run "maven eclipse", it generates the .classpath file with the
following entry:

   <classpathentry kind="var" rootpath="JRE_SRCROOT" path="JRE_LIB"
   sourcepath="JRE_SRC"/>

whereas when I create a project in Eclipse, a reference to JRE_LIB is
written as:

    <classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>

With the former setting, your classpath only includes rt.jar, and
nothing else. As a result, you may fail to import some classes like
javax.net.*, which sits in a different jar file.

This seems to be sorted out in maven 1.  However, "m2 eclipse:eclipse" has the same problem today.  I must edit the .classpath file manually after generation - but this is of course overwritten whenever dependencies change and is not a tenable option.

Running m2-beta1.

Oddmar Sandvik

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.