Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dan stephens <ks...@hotmail.com> on 2005/12/01 17:12:01 UTC

tomcat catalina.out and log4j

need some help with log4j... I have implemented it on our Tomcat 5 server,
everything is fine as well. I can see my messages writting to the
catalina.out. However I'm running on Solaris 8, so when I go to search the
catalina.out with grep. I receive the following.

Binary file catalina.out matches

This only started after the log4j implementation. So, I can provided my
properties file if need be, and whatever else. I've also looked at the API
and don't see that it's doign a binary write or that it changes the file
descriptor of catalina.out. I could be missing it, but anyway, any help is
appreciated.