Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2002/09/17 10:38:22 UTC

TLD Diff

Does anyone know of a TLD diff app?

I'm thinking that we need this when we release a new version of a taglib.
There should be a document showing the differences between the previous
versions tld and the new versions. Possibly we'd then want to specify
which old tag maps to which new tag.

Anyway... ever seen such a thing? I've had a look for xml-diffs, and it's
a pretty weak world. A GPL'd one, and a partial one on a commercial site
seem all I can see in Java. Maybe I should hassle the xml.apache guys for
the actual XMLDiff part of it.

Hen

Re: TLD Diff

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
I would just use a normal diff then make sure the release notes,
changes, etc. documented the differences.  Also the taglib build
uses {taglib.name}/xml/{taglib.name}.xml to build the documentation.
One of the elements you specifiy for tags and attributes is what version
they appeard in.

Regards,

Glenn