Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Oscar Amat <os...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2001/11/07 15:52:35 UTC

Tomcat's WebDAV

Hi,

Any of you is using the WebDAV capabilities of Tomcat 4.0.1 ?

Lock/Unlock doesn't seem to be working for me. I can list, add and remove
files without a problem, with Web Folders, DAVExplorer, Adobe GoLive and
Cadaver.

But if I LOCK a file I won't be able to unlock it. All UNLOCK queries return
with '423 Locked'. Very weird, I already knew the file was locked :-).
Server is running Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_06, native threads, sunwjit and clients
run on a Win 2000 machine. Only way to UNLOCK a file is killing the
server...

Again, anybody using Tomcat's WebDAV ? It is getting rather difficult to
find help on this subject.

Thanks!

Re: Tomcat's WebDAV

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.
> Hi,
>
> Any of you is using the WebDAV capabilities of Tomcat 4.0.1 ?
>
> Lock/Unlock doesn't seem to be working for me. I can list, add and remove
> files without a problem, with Web Folders, DAVExplorer, Adobe GoLive and
> Cadaver.
>
> But if I LOCK a file I won't be able to unlock it. All UNLOCK queries
return
> with '423 Locked'. Very weird, I already knew the file was locked :-).
> Server is running Solaris_JDK_1.2.2_06, native threads, sunwjit and
clients
> run on a Win 2000 machine. Only way to UNLOCK a file is killing the
> server...

THe UNLOCK will fail unless the client is correctly submitting the
lock-token. One particularity of Tomcat is that is only returns the real
lock-token in the answer to the original lock request. Many clients don't
like this, although the behavior is correct (servers are allowed to
obsfucate lock-tokens returned by a PROPFIND).

MS Office and the Slide client should beahave correctly. I know DAV Explorer
does not.
Many other clients may behave ok.

> Again, anybody using Tomcat's WebDAV ? It is getting rather difficult to
> find help on this subject.

Remy