Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Adil Allawi <ad...@diwan.com> on 2011/04/05 10:54:27 UTC

Async web service issue in Axis2 1.5.4

I am trying to get Axis2 to invoke my web service asynchronously and
failing. I am beginning to thing this is due to a bug in Axis2. As I
understand it, to get axis2 to launch a web service asynchronously, you
need two conditions:

1/ The web service services.xml file contains the following parameter :

<parameter name="messageReceiver.invokeOnSeparateThread">true</parameter>

and 2/ the soap request contains a replyTo address. Which is tent in my
test as follows:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
<soapenv:Header xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
<wsa:To>http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Translate.TranslateSOAP12port_http/</wsa:To>
<wsa:ReplyTo>
<wsa:Address>http://10.0.1.9:6060/axis2/services/Translate1301967596334_1/</wsa:Address>
</wsa:ReplyTo>
<wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:B967748EA6454E078A1301967596581</wsa:MessageID>
<wsa:Action>urn:breakSentences</wsa:Action>
</soapenv:Header>
<soapenv:Body>
<ns4:breakSentences xmlns:ns4="http://translation/diwan/com/xsd" />
</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Axis2 checks for these in
org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(). However
the mesageContext passed gets null for the call messageCtx.getReplyTo().
But there is a ReplyTo in the soap body.

Is this a bug or am I missing something.

thanks

Adil

Re: Async web service issue in Axis2 1.5.4

Posted by Adil Allawi <ad...@diwan.com>.
That fixed it. Thanks! The Axis documentation does leave a lot to be
desired.

Adil

On 05/04/2011 11:58, Andreas Veithen wrote:

> There is a third condition, namely that the addressing module is
> engaged at the server side as well.
>
> Andreas
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 10:54, Adil Allawi<ad...@diwan.com>  wrote:
>> I am trying to get Axis2 to invoke my web service asynchronously and
>> failing. I am beginning to thing this is due to a bug in Axis2. As I
>> understand it, to get axis2 to launch a web service asynchronously, you need
>> two conditions:
>>
>> 1/ The web service services.xml file contains the following parameter :
>>
>> <parameter name="messageReceiver.invokeOnSeparateThread">true</parameter>
>>
>> and 2/ the soap request contains a replyTo address. Which is tent in my test
>> as follows:
>>
>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
>> <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
>> <soapenv:Header xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
>> <wsa:To>http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Translate.TranslateSOAP12port_http/</wsa:To>
>> <wsa:ReplyTo>
>> <wsa:Address>http://10.0.1.9:6060/axis2/services/Translate1301967596334_1/</wsa:Address>
>> </wsa:ReplyTo>
>> <wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:B967748EA6454E078A1301967596581</wsa:MessageID>
>> <wsa:Action>urn:breakSentences</wsa:Action>
>> </soapenv:Header>
>> <soapenv:Body>
>> <ns4:breakSentences xmlns:ns4="http://translation/diwan/com/xsd" />
>> </soapenv:Body>
>> </soapenv:Envelope>
>>
>> Axis2 checks for these in
>> org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(). However the
>> mesageContext passed gets null for the call messageCtx.getReplyTo(). But
>> there is a ReplyTo in the soap body.
>>
>> Is this a bug or am I missing something.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Adil

Adil Allawi
Diwan Software Ltd.
37-39 Peckham Road,
London SE5 8UH, U.K.

Mobile: +44 (0)7718 785 850
mailto:adil@diwan.com
http://www.diwan.com/

Re: Async web service issue in Axis2 1.5.4

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.