Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Willy Lin <Wi...@apexlearning.com> on 2000/12/09 01:32:49 UTC

tomcat as NT service with Java in Program Files directory

Hi:

	I installed tomcat 3.2 and tried to run it as NT service.  For the
longest time, I could not get the service to start.  After much play around,
I found the problem is related to where I put my Java installation.  My Java
installation is located at "C:\Program Files\java\jdk1.3".  I don't know if
the space is tripping up the system or not.  When I copied my Java
installation to "C:\Java", everything worked fine.

	This may be something that should go into a FAQ or into the
NT-Service-howto.html page.

Willy Lin
Senior "Spider"
APEX Learning.COM