Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by James Lacey <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/03 14:41:08 UTC

Travis CI builds broken?

Both of my pull requests (THRIFT-5156 and THRIFT-5159) have failed their
Travis CI builds, but when I go to look at the failures, they happened in
languages that I did not change. In fact, the failure on THRIFT-5156 is
especially weird because the builds passed on my first commit, but failed
on the second commit which made some minor changes to casts. The errors I
see in the logs are for PHP, Ruby or .NET Standard. I am continuing to try
to reproduce the failures, but so far I have not been able to. Other than
that, I am not sure where to go from here.

Thanks,
James

Re: Travis CI builds broken?

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

> PHP composer [...] API rate limited.

Do any of the PHP people an idea how to overcome (or circumvent) that? I
mean, other than committing some secret data to a public repository.

> ThriftTest/Xception.cs(51,29): warning CS0114: 'Xception.Message' hides
> inherited member 'Exception.Message'.

Known issue, there's also a ticket for it. Nothing serious but yeah, should
be addressed.

Have fun,
JensG

> Both of my pull requests (THRIFT-5156 and THRIFT-5159) have failed their
> Travis CI builds, but when I go to look at the failures, they happened in
> languages that I did not change. In fact, the failure on THRIFT-5156 is
> especially weird because the builds passed on my first commit, but failed
> on the second commit which made some minor changes to casts. The errors I
> see in the logs are for PHP, Ruby or .NET Standard. I am continuing to try
> to reproduce the failures, but so far I have not been able to. Other than
> that, I am not sure where to go from here.

THRIFT-5159 failures are the same as
I quickly tried to search for a solution, but didn't find any.

The problem seems to be that PHP composer pulls packages from github using
API rather than public URI,
and the API is rate limited. Since travis runs lot of jobs it hits the limit
from time to time.

There are some recommendations on the net, I can't tell which one would
work.

THRIFT-5156: I was not able to reproduce the bundle install not in gzip
format problem

This seems to be something that can be fixed in code (unrelated to your
changes):

ThriftTest/Xception.cs(51,29): warning CS0114: 'Xception.Message' hides
inherited member 'Exception.Message'.
To make the current member override that implementation, add the override
keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
[/thrift/src/test/netstd/Server/Server.csproj]
ThriftTest/Xception.cs(51,29): warning CS0114: 'Xception.Message' hides
inherited member 'Exception.Message'.
To make the current member override that implementation, add the override
keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword.
[/thrift/src/test/netstd/Client/Client.csproj]

I'd say other failures are network-related.

J.
--
Jan Svitok | jsv@whitestein.com
Whitestein Technologies s.r.o. | www.whitestein.com

Re: Travis CI builds broken?

Posted by Jano Svitok <js...@whitestein.com>.

THRIFT-5159 failures are the same as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-5151
[...]

To make the current member override that implementation, add the override keyword. Otherwise add the new keyword. [/thrift/src/test/netstd/Client/Client.csproj]