Posted to dev@oltu.apache.org by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com> on 2011/12/30 16:29:09 UTC

OAuthSystemException vs OAuthProblemException

Hi *,

I have noticed that a lot of Amber method throws both OAuthSystemException,OAuthProblemException.

While I understand the use of OAuthProblemException that matches really well with OAuthResponse I feel a little ackward on catch/use OAuthSystemException.

I was wondering is it really needed? If yes, which one is the idea behind?

Thanks in advance

Antonio

Re: OAuthSystemException vs OAuthProblemException

Posted by Łukasz Moreń <lu...@gmail.com>.
server_error is defined in the spec, so I would say it's rather
OAuthProblemException

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Łukasz Moreń <lu...@gmail.com>.
These two exception were designed to use as follows:

-  OAuthSystemException - critical problem with the Amber library, user is
not able to recover from this error
-  OAuthProblemException - error that regards to OAuth protocol error,
which user can handle and recover from it, e.g. obtain new token if
OAuthProblemException says: token_expired

I agree that OAuthSystemException should be probably runtime.

Cheers, Lukasz

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.