Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cib <ci...@caramail.com> on 2001/08/07 09:12:04 UTC

Virtual Host with DHCP

Hi
I tried this message on comp.text.xml, but nobody could answer. I guess I
should have start by here. Please, give me some help.

I've got an adress via DHCP, that mean that the IP numbers change.
My localhost is cib.domain.com, but I'd like to have another xxx.domain.com
adress, to get two sites distinguished from one another.
How to do that on Tomcat4 with Cocoon2 on Win95.?

I've tried to put some stuff inside Tomcat server.xml, but first of all,
- I 'm not really sure where to put that in the file (inside or outside the
main <Host> </Host> ), and then,
- I 'am not sure if I'm putting it the right way, and at last
- I'am not sure where to put my files, and how to request them from browser

Here is what I've put:

<Host name="xxx.cib.domain.fr"> <Context path="" docBase="/ROOT/xxx1"
reloadable="true" debug="0" /> </Host>

or I also tried combination of

<Host name="xxx.cib.domain.fr" >
  <Context path="/"
   docBase="webapps/ROOT/vendo"
   crossContext="false"
   debug="0"
   reloadable="true" />
</Host>

Please, if someone know how Tomcat4 works, (I 've already read the Host page
on the catalina docs) or where to find docs for really
newbies, thanks for any help.
Cib

France, Bordeaux, xml and gay pride.

Re: Virtual Host with DHCP

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
cib at cibci1@caramail.com wrote:

> Hi
> I tried this message on comp.text.xml, but nobody could answer. I guess I
> should have start by here. Please, give me some help.
>
> I've got an adress via DHCP, that mean that the IP numbers change.
> My localhost is cib.domain.com, but I'd like to have another xxx.domain.com
> adress, to get two sites distinguished from one another.
> How to do that on Tomcat4 with Cocoon2 on Win95.?

You ask your administrator to put in a CNAME record on the DNS.

> Please, if someone know how Tomcat4 works, (I 've already read the Host page
> on the catalina docs) or where to find docs for really newbies, thanks for any
> help.

First of all you need to set up your names on your machine/dns server... Ask
your sysadm...

    Pier