Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Jack McCluskey via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2023/05/03 17:58:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.47.0, release candidate #2

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the version 1.2.3,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* GitHub Release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint DF3CBA4F3F4199F4 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.47.0-RC2" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle 7.5.1 and OpenJDK/Oracle JDK
8.0.322.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[8].
* Go artifacts and documentation are available at pkg.go.dev [9]
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.47.0 release to help with validation
[10].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [11].
* PR to run tests against release branch [12].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at /blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,

Jack McCluskey

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/milestone/10
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.47.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1315/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.47.0-RC2
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/644
[8] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.47.0rc2/
[9]
https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/apache/beam/sdks/v2@v2.47.0-RC2/go/pkg/beam
[10]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=.
..
[11] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Jack McCluskey
SWE - DataPLS PLAT/ Dataflow ML
RDU
jrmccluskey@google.com

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.47.0, release candidate #2

Posted by Jack McCluskey via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
There's enough concern over the data loss bug that an RC3 is warranted.
This vote is now closed, I'll send another one out once the new RC is
ready. Feel free to continue validations on RC2.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.

Posted by Jack McCluskey via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.