Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Apache Pulsar Slack <ap...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/03 12:26:17 UTC

Slack digest for #general - 2018-01-03

2018-01-02 19:06:24 UTC - David Fisher: Too much SLACK and not enough email
----
2018-01-02 19:37:55 UTC - David Fisher: There are many valuable discussions that will go away. If these conversations were in email on the Apache servers then other developers would benefit for years...
heavy_plus_sign : Neelesh Salian, Sijie Guo
----
2018-01-02 22:13:42 UTC - CHristian Hasker: We've just set up our first meetup group for the Bay Area. If you are local to the Bay Area please join here: <https://www.meetup.com/Apache-Pulsar-Meetup-Group/>
----
2018-01-02 22:14:18 UTC - CHristian Hasker: If you aren't local and would like to set up a meetup group where you are Streamlio would be happy to sponsor your group and help with logistics. Just let me know.
+1 : Lewis Kaneshiro, Neelesh Salian, Nicolas Ha
----
2018-01-02 22:18:26 UTC - Neelesh Salian: Hi, I joined the channel a few weeks ago. Wish to contribute to the project. I heard the phrase “technically superior to Kafka” and my curiosity brought me here. Any particular part of the code that needs help?
----
2018-01-02 22:19:57 UTC - Neelesh Salian: This was helpful : <ht...@bigdata>
----
2018-01-03 03:24:24 UTC - CHristian Hasker: Welcome Neelesh - it's always great to have more contributions; thank you so much. @Matteo Merli is traveling at the moment, and is probably best placed to offer up some ares of the code that need attention. Connectors are also an area of focus at the moment and @Ali Ahmed can point you in the right direction there if you are interested.
----
2018-01-03 06:27:24 UTC - Ali Ahmed: Hi @Neelesh Salian you can list some of your interests and we guide you to projects and components to contribute to
----
2018-01-03 06:52:38 UTC - Neelesh Salian: Hi @Ali Ahmed, talk on DM?