Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Raveendran, Varsha" <va...@siemens.com> on 2017/04/20 14:03:52 UTC

Connecting to OPCUA

Hello,

I am following the steps described in https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/90355/collect-data-from-opc-ua-protocol.html to connect to an OPC UA server from MiNiFi.

I built https://github.com/wadesalazar/NIFI-OPCUA from source code using Maven. However, after adding the nar file to lib folder I am unable to view GetNodeIds on NiFi canvas.
Instead I see GetExpandedNodeIds.  Are these processors performing the same functionality?

I'm able to connect to the specified OPC endpoint using GetExpandedNodeIds  though without the Controller Service created. Just wanted to confirm that I'm on the right track and did not make a mistake while  building the nar file.

Thanks & Regards,
Varsha

Registered Office: 130 Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli, Mumbai - 400018; Corporate Identity number: L28920MH1957PLC010839; Tel.: +91 (22) 3967 7000; Fax: +91 22 3967 7500;
Contact / Email: www.siemens.co.in/contact; Website: www.siemens.co.in. Sales Offices: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kharghar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Kochi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, New Delhi,

Re: Connecting to OPCUA

Posted by "Raveendran, Varsha" <va...@siemens.com>.
Thank you for pointing this out, wade and Aldrin. i will set it up correctly.

I have a follow up question to this. Currently the plan is to use the GetValue processor to continuously receive values in a raspberry pi that will in turn push the values to a NiFi server installed in cloud.

We want to first understand the rate at which the Pi can receive the values using the opc ua processors. That means  GetValue must continuously hit the endpoint and get the values. I imagine this like a "while(true)" loop coming from a software background!
Currently I see that the tasks/time is only about 10/seconds and that the queue before GetValue is filling up very soon. I tried a couple of optimizations - Increased concurrent threads, Decreased scheduled time so that it can get the values from OPC server at a faster rate and also the yield time.
However, none of these seem to increase the rate. We are hoping for atleast a 1000 tag values/second to be sent from the pi into the cloud.

Any suggestions?
I'm new to NiFi and still learning.

Thanks & Regards,
Varsha

On 22-Apr-2017, at 02:19, Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Varsha,

Went through the build process quickly on my side building the dependent UA Java and then referencing that version in the listed project with some cleanup and had the GetNodeIds processor available in NiFi after copying the resulting NARs into my lib directory.

Doing some looking through other repositories of that user, it appears you were actually using this one https://github.com/wadesalazar/Nifi-OPCUA-Processors which has the processor your listed above, GetExpandedNodeIds.

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Raveendran, Varsha <va...@siemens.com>> wrote:
Hello,

I am following the steps described in https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/90355/collect-data-from-opc-ua-protocol.html to connect to an OPC UA server from MiNiFi.

I built https://github.com/wadesalazar/NIFI-OPCUA from source code using Maven. However, after adding the nar file to lib folder I am unable to view GetNodeIds on NiFi canvas.
Instead I see GetExpandedNodeIds.  Are these processors performing the same functionality?

I’m able to connect to the specified OPC endpoint using GetExpandedNodeIds  though without the Controller Service created. Just wanted to confirm that I’m on the right track and did not make a mistake while  building the nar file.

Thanks & Regards,
Varsha

Registered Office: 130 Pandurang Budhkar Marg, Worli, Mumbai – 400018; Corporate Identity number: L28920MH1957PLC010839; Tel.: +91 (22) 3967 7000<tel:+91%2022%203967%207000>; Fax: +91 22 3967 7500<tel:+91%2022%203967%207500>;
Contact / Email: www.siemens.co.in/contact<http://www.siemens.co.in/contact>; Website: www.siemens.co.in<http://www.siemens.co.in>. Sales Offices: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kharghar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Kochi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, New Delhi,

Re: Connecting to OPCUA

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Varsha,