Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by narges saleh <sn...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/26 12:01:34 UTC

rebalancing & K8

Hi folks

If I am deploying my ignite cluster using AKS, is defining the auto
discovery service sufficient?
I  am following this link:
https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/installation/kubernetes/azure-deployment

Specifically, I am concerned about ignite's node/partition rebalancing in
case of auto-scaling. When K8 adds or removes nodes and pods, meaning,
ignite nodes get added or removed, does rebalancing kicks in properly? Do I
need to tune any parameter specifically for the purpose of deployment into
K8? Do I need to set up liveness probes?

thanks.

Re: rebalancing & K8

Posted by Alexandr Shapkin <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

It's recommended to set liveness and readiness probes, though the defaults
should be fine.

As per rebalancing, you might want to set
-DIGNITE_WAIT_FOR_BACKUPS_ON_SHUTDOWN=true meaning, that k8s can't restart a
pod if this could lead to a data loss.

You might check the Apache Ignite operator as well here
https://www.gridgain.com/docs/latest/installation-guide/operator/overview

-----
Alex Shapkin

Re: rebalancing & K8

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Usually you need to adjust (or auto-adjust) baseline topology after scaling
the cluster up or down.

You also need to make sure that nodes stay in one cluster.

Ilya Kasnacheev